It’s been a long and emotional journey forming the final concepts for my digital artifact. I’m sticking with cat kidneys, and if anything, the stress of almost losing my best friend has really put into focus the need for this development. In this blog, I explore my own personal experience, as well as some of the ethical issues surrounding 3D printed organs.
Want to know more?
There are some great articles featuring the ethics of 3D printed organs for human patients:
To follow the story so far check out:
- Printing human kidney tissue
- Possible model of a kidney to print #1
- Possible model of a kidney to print #2
- Possible model of a kidney to print #3
- Redditor’s disscuss their own experiences of losing cat’s to kidney disease